Some of our Favourite Books about Flying
Hey book bugs, have you checked out the Kids Books Bingo yet that I’m co-hosting with my friend Amanda from Books & Pieces over the summer? One of the categories is “a book about flying” so for inspiration I thought I’d pull together some of our favourite books about flying – including a new addition to our library which has become an instant favourite.
If you enjoyed the video, I’d be really grateful if you would subscribe to my channel. Thanks!
- Zog and the Flying Doctors, by Julia Donaldson & Axel Scheffler
- Those Magnificent Sheep in Their Flying Machine, by Peter Bently & David Roberts
- The Start of Something Big: A Hot Air Balloon Adventure Story, by Annahita de la Mare & Jennifer Kirkham
- The Perfect Rainy Day: A Hot Air Balloon Adventure Story, by Annahita de la Mare & Jennifer Kirkham
- Lindbergh: The Tale of a Flying Mouse, by Torben Kuhlmann
- Little People, Big Dreams: Amelia Earhart, by Isabel Sanchez Vegara & Maria Diamantes
What are your favourite picture books about flying? Feel free to share in the comments below!
Please note, all links in this post are Affiliate links, which means if you shop via these links I will receive a small percentage of the revenue, without any extra cost to you, which helps to keep this blog running. We received free copies of the Hot Air Balloon Adventure Story books in return for an honest review. All opinions are our own. Thank you.
These all look lovely. I can’t say that we have read any of these, I love the look of the Flying Machine one.
What a lovely selection of books, great for children who are about to jump on an aeroplane for the first time x
This is really handy as Olivia has become obsessed with flying recently – bugs, birds, aeroplanes – you name it! I’ll definitely have to grab a coupl of these for her.
We just got Zog and The Flying Doctors last week and my little guy is loving it! I’m never sure if sequels will be as good but it’s been a hit
Zog and the flying doctors is a big favourite with my children. (They are still small)
The Zog books are favourites in our house. We’ve read them so many times.
This sounds like books that could hook my kids in with just the first page! thanks for the recommendation