So, we are back from our Easter vacation! If you follow the blog on Facebook, you will have seen my album with photos from our trip.
While I get back in to my blogging grove – I have some great posts planned – I thought in the meantime I would share the #20factsaboutme which I posted yesterday on Instagram. It’s a fun thing that’s doing the rounds, and anyone can join in. Just remember to use the hashtag, if you want to give it a go. Here are my 20 facts:
- I was born in Germany but have spent more than half my life living in Scotland.
- Currently I live in Berlin, but I miss Scotland a lot!
- I met my husband in Japanese night class. I can’t remember much Japanese, but I gained a husband so the lessons were definitely a good investment.
- I have the Japanese symbol for love tattooed on my shoulder!
- I have been working in museums for over 15 years.
- I organised our honeymoon around a museum conference I was speaking at. My husband took it in good humour and came to see me speak.
- I am mother to two wonderful boys, aged 2 and 6.
- My younger son was born so quickly, we only just made it to the hospital in time!
- I absolutely love being a ‘boy mum’ and am not the slightest bit disappointed I don’t have any daughters.
- I can live without chocolate and without wine, but not without ice-cream.
- My favourite flavour of ice-cream is woodruff (Waldmeister).
- I am the eldest of three siblings. All our names begin with J!
- I used to do ballet as a kid, but stopped after a failing an exam for apparently not being graceful enough…
- My favourite subject at school was Maths.
- I studied Scottish Gaelic for a year at university but can’t remember a single thing.
- I collect museum souvenirs and was interviewed about it for The Simple Things.
- I was commissioned as a lay minister for children and young people in the Scottish Episcopal Church for a couple of years.
- I can play the saxophone and the ukulele.
- I used to be in a folk band with some friends back in Scotland. We only ever played two gigs. One of them was at our wedding.
- My most favourite TV show of all time is Hart to Hart.
I hope you enjoyed finding out a little bit more about me. If you join in the #20factsaboutme, do leave your link in the comments below or tag me on Instagram – I’d love to have a read!