15 Great Hallowe’en Picture Books

I’m so excited about our latest book round-up, because Hallowe’en is one of my favourite times of the year. What many people don’t know, is that Hallowe’en originated from the Celtic traditions in Scotland and Ireland, and not as commonly assumed from the USA (I wrote a post about it last year, if you want to read more about it), so here in Edinburgh we like to fully embrace Hallowe’en and I’m excited to share some of our favourite Hallowe’en picture books with you!

If you enjoyed the video, I’d be really grateful if you would subscribe to my channel. Thanks!

List of books:

* We were sent a free copy of the ‘Trick or Treat!’ torch book by Amanda from Books & Pieces in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are our own. The book is available from Books & Pieces at a discounted price. You an also use my exclusive discount count BearFox10 to receive 10% off any order from the Books & Pieces online store.

What are your favourite Hallowe’en books? Please feel free to share in the comments below!

Disclosure: Please note that all book links in this post, apart from the book we received for review, are Amazon affiliate links. That means if you buy any books via these links, I receive a small percentage – at no extra cost to you – which helps to keep this blog running!

10 Comments on 15 Great Hallowe’en Picture Books

1. Katy - Hot Pink Wellingtons
    October 15, 2018 at 8:01 am (1 month ago)

I’d forgotten all about Funnybones! Such a favourite from when I was little, I’ll have to get my hands on a copy for my boys. I always love theming our bookshelf – it’s hours of fun for me :)

2. Talya
    October 15, 2018 at 12:07 pm (4 weeks ago)

This is a great list! We are big fans of Room on Tye Broom that reminds me I need to go and dig out our copy!

3. MELANIE EDJOURIAN
    October 15, 2018 at 2:15 pm (4 weeks ago)

Same here I love Halloween too. My children love this time of year and would love a Halloween picture book, we’ve never had one before. Love the list of suggestions. i wonder if I can find some locally x

4. Melanie williams
    October 15, 2018 at 5:35 pm (4 weeks ago)

Love the Halloween season! What a good list of Halloween books for the kids. I like the Sound of Room on the Broom haha xx

5. Francesca Jacklin
    October 15, 2018 at 6:04 pm (4 weeks ago)

Our grandsons love Halloween but I think they’re getting a bit too old for picture books. Although I think our littlest one would still enjoy the Trick or Treat Book with the torch at bedtime.

6. Amy - All about a Mummy
    October 16, 2018 at 2:51 pm (4 weeks ago)

Funnybones is such an all time classic! We need to get the Halloween vibe going at home.

7. Sonia
    October 16, 2018 at 2:55 pm (4 weeks ago)

What a lot of lovely sounding books – I never knew there were so many for Halloween. My kids would love some of these x

October 16, 2018 at 3:04 pm (4 weeks ago)

When I was young I used to love picture books but honestly, Halloween used to scare me witless

9. Deborah Nicholas
    October 17, 2018 at 5:31 pm (4 weeks ago)

oh we love switching books with the seasons, great list!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on 15 Great Hallowe’en Picture Books

1. […] October was heavily influenced by Hallowe’en books – I did a separate video on our favourite Hallowe’en reads, if you want to check it out – but had a few other favourites too, including one ghostly […]