Picture Books We’ve Been Reading in October

Another whole month has passed (how is it November already?!), so I thought I’d do another round up of the picture books we have been enjoying over the past month. October was heavily influenced by Hallowe’en books – I did a separate video on our favourite Hallowe’en reads, if you want to check it out – but had a few other favourites too, including one ghostly story that did not make it in to the Hallowe’en round up as we just acquired it last week. But who says you can only read ghost stories at Hallowe’en? I hope you enjoy our recommendations!

If you enjoyed the video, I’d be really grateful if you would subscribe to my channel. Thanks!

List of books:

Disclosure: Please note that all the book links in this post are Amazon affiliate links. That means if you buy any books via these links, I receive a small percentage – at no extra cost to you! – which helps to keep this blog running!

9 Comments on Picture Books We’ve Been Reading in October

1. Treasure Every Moment
    November 28, 2018 at 10:46 am (2 months ago)

Oo there are a few here I’ve not heard of before! I have heard so many good things about The Day the Crayons Quit, so I must pick up a copy :)

2. Talya
    November 28, 2018 at 1:33 pm (2 months ago)

We haven’t read any of these before so will definitely add these to our list!

3. Sonia Cave
    November 28, 2018 at 6:58 pm (2 months ago)

Oh I don’t think I have ever heard of any of these although we seem to own a whole bookshop worth of books!! Time to get looking into them :-)

4. Melanie
    November 29, 2018 at 12:42 am (2 months ago)

Love the sound of how to win the monster race, sounds like a fab fun book xx

5. Laura's Lovely Blog
    November 29, 2018 at 10:14 am (2 months ago)

I love children’s books – The Monster Race one would you down well in my house I think.

6. Cath - Passports and Adventures
    November 29, 2018 at 11:05 pm (2 months ago)

We have the entire Curious George collection and the fire fighters is my son’s favourite from the set. He’s a huge George fan. And we love Oliver Jeffers books. Both the crayons books are fab!