15 Great Hallowe’en Picture Books
I’m so excited about our latest book round-up, because Hallowe’en is one of my favourite times of the year. What many people don’t know, is that Hallowe’en originated from the Celtic traditions in Scotland and Ireland, and not as commonly assumed from the USA (I wrote a post about it last year, if you want to read more about it), so here in Edinburgh we like to fully embrace Hallowe’en and I’m excited to share some of our favourite Hallowe’en picture books with you!
If you enjoyed the video, I’d be really grateful if you would subscribe to my channel. Thanks!
List of books:
- B is for Boo! by Greg Paprocki
- Room on the Broom, by Julia Donaldson & Axel Scheffler
- Herbert’s First Halloween, by Cynthia Rylant & Steven Henry
- Pug & Pig Trick or Treat, by Sue Lowell Gallion & Joyce Wan
- Trick or Treat! torch book, by Hayley Down & Sarah Vince*
- Funnybones, by Janet & Allan Ahlberg
- Ghost in the House, by Ammi-Joan Paquette & Adam Record
- The Hallo-Wiener, by Dav Pilkey
- The Scariest Book Ever, by Bob Shea
- Ten Timid Ghosts, by Jennifer O’Connell
- Ten Little Monsters, by Mike Brownlow & Simon Rickerty
- Bone Soup, by Cambria Evans
- Sir Simon: Super Scarer, by Cale Atkinson
- A Werewolf Named Oliver James, by Nicholas John Frith
- How to Make Friends With a Ghost, by Rebecca Green
* We were sent a free copy of the ‘Trick or Treat!’ torch book by Amanda from Books & Pieces in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are our own. The book is available from Books & Pieces at a discounted price. You an also use my exclusive discount count BearFox10 to receive 10% off any order from the Books & Pieces online store.
What are your favourite Hallowe’en books? Please feel free to share in the comments below!
Disclosure: Please note that all book links in this post, apart from the book we received for review, are Amazon affiliate links. That means if you buy any books via these links, I receive a small percentage – at no extra cost to you – which helps to keep this blog running!
Katy - Hot Pink Wellingtons
I’d forgotten all about Funnybones! Such a favourite from when I was little, I’ll have to get my hands on a copy for my boys. I always love theming our bookshelf – it’s hours of fun for me :)
This is a great list! We are big fans of Room on Tye Broom that reminds me I need to go and dig out our copy!
Same here I love Halloween too. My children love this time of year and would love a Halloween picture book, we’ve never had one before. Love the list of suggestions. i wonder if I can find some locally x
Love the Halloween season! What a good list of Halloween books for the kids. I like the Sound of Room on the Broom haha xx
Our grandsons love Halloween but I think they’re getting a bit too old for picture books. Although I think our littlest one would still enjoy the Trick or Treat Book with the torch at bedtime.
Amy - All about a Mummy
Funnybones is such an all time classic! We need to get the Halloween vibe going at home.
What a lot of lovely sounding books – I never knew there were so many for Halloween. My kids would love some of these x
When I was young I used to love picture books but honestly, Halloween used to scare me witless
oh we love switching books with the seasons, great list!
Pingback: Picture Books We've Been Reading in October – The Bear & The Fox