Chapter Book of the Month: My Secret Unicorn

If you tuned in to the blog and our YouTube channel last month, you may have seen that we’ve added a new monthly feature to our book reviews: chapter book of the month. This feature was Oskar’s idea, because as much as he still loves picture books, he also wanted to share some of his favourite chapter books with you. We kicked off the new feature last month with Flying Fergus, and this month Oskar has gone all out in his love for unicorns! Because boys love unicorns too! Hope you enjoy the video:

Have you read any of the My Secret Unicorn books by Linda Chapman? What did you think of them? If you enjoyed our episode, please do like the video and subscribe to our channel! We’d also love to hear what chapter books you enjoy reading with your kids. Feel free to share any recommendations in the comments. Thanks x

9 Comments on Chapter Book of the Month: My Secret Unicorn

1. Pati Robins
    3 November 2018 at 8:17 am (8 months ago)

i love your and Oskar idea to do this series , its a fantastic help when choosing books especially if you are like me and buy them mostly online

2. Melanie williams
    3 November 2018 at 12:12 pm (8 months ago)

Ooo not heard of Linda Chapman before, but the secret Unicorn book looks fab. This would make a perfect Christmas stocking filler xx

3. Francesca
    3 November 2018 at 5:41 pm (8 months ago)

I love the Unicorn hat it looks great. My littlest Grandson loves Unicorns so I’ll have to get him this book to read.

4. Isabella
    4 November 2018 at 8:49 am (8 months ago)

Love how he dressed up in character for it! We haven’t read any of her books but really enjoyed this one. Will look into it for my youngest and my older two have sort of developed their own interest in books. Thanks for sharing!

5. Wendy
    4 November 2018 at 9:45 am (8 months ago)

Lovely video. My five year old loves unicorns and books so I’m sure he would love this series. How kind of that person on Twitter to send over some more books for Oscar!xx

6. Stephanie
    4 November 2018 at 1:06 pm (8 months ago)

My kids LOVE unicorns and love this book too, nice to see you both enjoying books

7. Annette, 3 Little Buttons
    4 November 2018 at 9:07 pm (8 months ago)

We’ve not heard of the secret unicorn before. Mine loves unicorns so this sounds like the perfect book for us. Loving Oskar’s costume :-)

8. Rebecca Jones
    5 November 2018 at 11:01 am (8 months ago)

these secret unicorn books look lovely – and what a kind thing for the lady to send extra books to Oskar. His unicorn costume is lovely :-)