Happy Burns Night! Today’s the day Scotland celebrates its national bard, and to mark the occasion I’ve put together a video with our favourite Scottish picture book recommendations!
If you enjoyed the video, I’d be really grateful if you would subscribe to my channel. Thanks!
List of books:
- N is for Nessie, by Kate Davies
- The Fourth Bonniest Baby in Dundee, by Michelle Sloan & Kasia Matyjaszek
- Katie in Scotland, by James Mayhew
- Maisie Comes to Morningside/ Maisie’s Festival Adventures, by Aileen Paterson
- The Tobermory Cat, by Debi Gliori
- Katie Morag Delivers the Mail/ Katie Morag and the Tiresome Ted, by Mairi Hedderwick
- Wee Granny’s Magic Bag, by Elizabeth McKay & Maria Bogade
- No Such Thing As Nessie, by Chani McBain & Kirsteen Harris-Jones
- Bagpipes, Beasties and Bogles, by Tim Archbold
- Maggie’s Mittens, by Coo Clayton & Alison Soye
- The Selkie Girl, by Janis Mackay & Ruchi Mhasane
- There was a Wee Lassie who swallowed a Midgie, by Rebecca Colby & Kate McLelland
Do you have any other favourite Scottish picture books to recommend? Please feel free to share them in the comments below.
Please note, all links in this post are Affiliate links, which means if you shop via these links I will receive a small percentage of the revenue, without any extra cost to you, which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you.