When life gives you lemons…bake lemon cheesecake
A light lemon cheesecake is perfect for summer time – this one is a big hit with all the family!
- 150g gluten free digestive biscuits
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 600g cream cheese
- 150g sugar
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Crush biscuits – I did this my putting them in a plastic food bag and bashing them with a rolling pin!
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the biscuit crumbs, cinnamon and melted butter, and press evenly and firmly into a springform tin (my tin was 30cm – keep in mind that the smaller the tin, the thicker the layers of the cake).
- Bake for 5 min, remove from oven and leave to cool. Do NOT remove from tin!
- Reduce oven temperature to 150°C.
- In another bowl, whip the cream cheese until smooth, then mix in the sugar, lemon juice, zest and eggs until there are no lumps.
- Pour the cheese mixture in to the tin on top of the biscuit base.
- Bake cake for 40 mins or until the centre of the cake is no longer runny.
- Switch off the oven but leave the cake inside for another 20 minutes.
- Leave cake to cool completely before serving.
What’s your favourite thing to bake in summer?