5 Happy Hoppy Books for Easter
With Easter just around the corner, I thought I would share some of our current favourite Easter books with you today, leaving you enough time to check out any that take your fancy! This round-up again features a book we were sent for review as members of the Books & Pieces Parent Panel, but it’s a really good one so I was more than happy to include it. So, without further ado, clockwise from the top:
- The Story of the Easter Bunny*, by Katherine Tegen (author) & Sally Anne Lambert (illustrator) – This is a really sweet book I found a while ago, which tells the story of how the Easter Bunny came to be delivering baskets filled with decorated eggs to children at Easter. Of course, there is some magic involved!
- Die Häschenschule* (Engl: ‘A Day at Bunny School‘), by Albert Sixtus (author) & Fritz Koch-Gotha (illustrator) – A much loved German book from my childhood, but there seems to be an English language edition available! Despite its English title, this actually features hares not bunnies. It follows the little hares through their day at school, and can be found on display in pretty much every book shop in Germany in the run up to Easter.
- Rabbits Don’t Lay Eggs! by Paula Metcalf (author) & Cally Johnson-Isaacs (illustrator) – We were sent a free copy of this book by Amanda, from Books & Pieces, for review. This isn’t technically an Easter book, but it includes rabbits and eggs, so that’s good enough for us. The story starts with Rupert the rabbit, who is bored in his burrow and decides he wants to live on the farm next door with all the other animals. But all the animals on the farm have a job to do, and are not impressed with Rupert who seems pretty useless at first – until his digging skills come in handy! So thank you very much, Amanda, for sending us this book for review. We love it! It is available on the Books & Pieces website at a discounted price, as well as part of the 3 for £10 bundle offer. And if you quote the discount code BearFox10, you will receive an extra 10% off your order!
- We’re Going on an Egg Hunt*, by Laura Hughes – This is one we found at the library. It’s based on the classic ‘We’re Going on a Bear Hunt’, except this time it’s the bunnies going on an egg hunt and it’s lambs, chicks, bees and ducks they have to go through. Like in a real egg hunt, there are eggs to discover – here they are hiding behind flaps, and some of the flaps have other surprises behind them. And what’s hiding behind the giant egg at the end? I’m not going to give it away, but this is a fun book to get you in the mood for your own Easter egg hunt.
- Are you there little bunny*, from the Usborne Little Peep-Through Books series – Last but not least, my boys are actually too big for, but I found this at the library and since some of you have kids younger than mine I thought I would include it because it’s really cute. It’s not strictly speaking an Easter book, but it does feature a bunny. The pages have lots of peep-through cut-outs and textured grooves, making it a very sensory reading experience perfect for very little ones.
And don’t forget, The Bear & The Fox now has its own YouTube channel! You can find a video of this week’s book round-up, where I talk you through this week’s recommendations and give a bit more insight in to each book! Check it out here >> Happy Easter | Picture Book Round-up Of course, I’d also be really grateful if you would subscribe. Thanks!
Do you have any other favourite books about Easter? Please feel free to share your recommendations in the comments below!
Please note that all the book links in this post marked with an * are Amazon affiliate links. That means if you buy any books via these links, I receive a small percentage – at no extra cost to you! – which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you.
Ah I love the sound of ‘We’re going on an egg hunt’!! We are fans of the bear hunt book so sure this would be a hit too :) X
Starlight and Stories
I love the look of all of these, perfect for Easter. I think We’re Going On An Egg Hunt will definitely be being purchased here x
Cardiff Mummy Says - Cathryn
A lovely selection. I love the sound of We’re Going On An Egg Hunt. Bear Hunt is a big favourite in this house!
I’d love to get my hands on the English version of the German story as I have read all the other ones! It’s nice to see what other countries have to offer in their writing as this always seems to improve my own!
The Smart Mummy
I’m always looking for alternative easter gifts and these are all perfect. Especially We’re going on egg hunt, as both my girls love the original bear version.
I love changing the kids books with the seasons or festivities! We have a whole range but spring seems to have been amiss this year – must try and get some more of these!
Amy - All about a Mummy
oh how adorable are these books! We don’t have many Easter themed books so I need to remedy that pronto
Ger ( It's Me & Ethan)
I seem to be the only one who has none of these books ! I definitely need to get my hands on the Egg hunt one ,it’s just too cute for this time of year. We are book fans here but clearly need to add these to our collection . Cheers for the awesome new book ideas ! X