It doesn’t matter when I pick my boys up from nursery/ school – whether they’ve just eaten or not, they are always, ALWAYS hungry and begging for snacks. Sometimes I take the easy option, but sometimes if we have time I also like to go all out and make them a special snack. Like this pancake and berry platter!
For each pancake, you will need
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp oatmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnammon
- pinch of nutmeg
- berries, Greek yoghurt and honey to serve
- Thoroughly mash the banana, whisk the egg, then combine all the ingredients in to a batter. Don’t worry if it’s a bit lumpy.
- Pour the batter in to a small, greased frying pan. Leave until the top starts to set, then flip over. Cook from both sides until the pancake starts to turn golden.
- To make the platter for the boys, I usually make two pancakes, them cut them up in to bite sized pieces and serve with forks alongside mixed berries and yoghurt. You can also drizzle a little honey over everything for some added sweetness.