Banana Pancakes & Berry Platter

It doesn’t matter when I pick my boys up from nursery/ school – whether they’ve just eaten or not, they are always, ALWAYS hungry and begging for snacks. Sometimes I take the easy option, but sometimes if we have time I also like to go all out and make them a special snack. Like this pancake and berry platter!

Ingredients

For each pancake, you will need

• 1 ripe banana
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tbsp oatmeal
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnammon
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • berries, Greek yoghurt and honey to serve

Directions

• Thoroughly mash the banana, whisk the egg, then combine all the ingredients in to a batter. Don’t worry if it’s a bit lumpy.
  • Pour the batter in to a small, greased frying pan. Leave until the top starts to set, then flip over. Cook from both sides until the pancake starts to turn golden.
  • To make the platter for the boys, I usually make two pancakes, them cut them up in to bite sized pieces and serve with forks alongside mixed berries and yoghurt. You can also drizzle a little honey over everything for some added sweetness.

8 Comments on Banana Pancakes & Berry Platter

1. Fran Back With A Bump
    18 July 2019 at 9:26 am (4 months ago)

These look delicious. I do love pancakes as a weekend treat or even a midweek pud. Protein pancakes are a good option too!!

2. Jon
    18 July 2019 at 9:29 am (4 months ago)

I absolutely LOVE banana pancakes so will have to give this a go I think at the weekend!

3. Kat | Kitty & B
    18 July 2019 at 9:19 pm (4 months ago)

I can’t stand bananas – it’s a real problem! Haha, but, this is a great recipe that I know B would enjoy, so I guess I’ll have to try it out! .

Kat x

19 July 2019 at 9:25 am (4 months ago)

My kids are too. I always forget how good pancakes are, especially with lots of delicious fruit on.

5. Alexandra Cook
    19 July 2019 at 10:23 am (4 months ago)

My kids would absolutely love these. This would disappear in no time at our house! This is my kind of weekend treat.

6. Clare Minall
    19 July 2019 at 10:24 am (4 months ago)

Wow, I love this recipe it is so delicious and look so easy to prepare. I will def try to make this for the whole family.

7. Lucy Mackcracken
    19 July 2019 at 7:37 pm (4 months ago)

My daughter is ALWAYS hungry too, no idea where she puts it all! I like that this is a recipe that all of us could enjoy, as well as my baby who has just started weaning recently.

8. Melanie williams
    20 July 2019 at 3:27 pm (4 months ago)

Ooo yes please. We love banana’s and this would make for a fab morning treat for sure xx