Cherry Milk Surprise

Love is in the air…not long now until Valentine’s Day! If you’re looking for an easy idea to create a special, non alcoholic drink for your loved one(s), novelty ice cube trays are your friend. Kids especially will love this!

IMG_8231

I experimented a little with these heart shaped ones from Ikea (sadly, they don’t seem to sell these any more, but you can find plenty other heart shaped ice cube trays online). I found that freezing cherry juice worked best. Just pop a couple in to a glass of cold milk, add some pretty straws, and voila! As the hearts melt, they slowly turn your milk pink and give it a subtle cherry flavour.

IMG_8234

10 Comments on Cherry Milk Surprise

1. Treasure Every Moment
    13 February 2019 at 11:16 am (6 months ago)

What a fun and easy idea! My daughter would love these on Valentine’s Day :)

2. sonia cave
    13 February 2019 at 7:03 pm (6 months ago)

Oooo I like the idea of the cherry flavour. Such a simple idea and the children will enjoy these red ice hearts as well as the grown ups

3. Rachel
    13 February 2019 at 8:18 pm (6 months ago)

Oooo what a cute idea! You could make these at anytime with different ice cube shapes too. I’m going to look online for ice cube shape ideas now :)

4. Mudpie Fridays
    14 February 2019 at 7:25 am (6 months ago)

What a great idea! I wish I had seen this before getting on the train this morning as I would have done it for the boys breakfast. I will have to keep this in mind for next year x

5. Sarah Stockley
    14 February 2019 at 8:20 am (6 months ago)

What a wonderful idea Jenni! I am not a fan of milk myself but my kids would love it, especially with the cherry heart ice cubes.

14 February 2019 at 8:44 am (6 months ago)

I am going to do this for sure. What a great idea with the flavoured ice cubes, it looks great!

7. Joanne
    14 February 2019 at 5:08 pm (6 months ago)

Such a fun idea! Kids would love this, will have to invest in some novelty ice cube trays!

8. Joanne
    15 February 2019 at 1:09 am (6 months ago)

This is a great idea and kids would love it! I will have to invest in some novelty ice cube trays!

9. Francesca Jacklin
    18 February 2019 at 7:23 am (6 months ago)

That’s such a cute idea. I always end up buying far too many things in the market place when I go to Ikea.