15 Winter Wonderland Picture Books

While we ourselves may not have experienced any snow yet this Winter, there has been plenty going around elsewhere. What better excuse to get our our favourite Winter picture books? Christmas may be over, but there are many beautiful Winter picture books that don’t feature Christmas to enjoy. Here we share 15 favourites with you:

If you enjoyed the video, I’d be really grateful if you would subscribe to my channel. Thanks!

List of books:

Do you have any other favourite snow books to recommend? Please feel free to share them in the comments below.

Please note, all links in this post are Affiliate links, which means if you shop via these links I will receive a small percentage of the revenue, without any extra cost to you, which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you.

10 Comments on 15 Winter Wonderland Picture Books

1. Lucy Mackcracken
    15 February 2019 at 12:44 pm (1 month ago)

I love the idea of changing our reading books by the season. We had Angelina Ice Skates for Christmas, which Mini loves as she has just started ballet lessons.

2. Mel
    15 February 2019 at 12:56 pm (1 month ago)

That’s such a lovely selection of books! I love having books organised into themes for my 4. We’ve got seasonal books we keep together (Christmas, birthdays, Easter and Halloween). My four all loved Pip and Posy: The Snowy Day, by Axel Scheffler :)

3. Anita Faulkner - Brazen Mummy Writes
    15 February 2019 at 8:39 pm (1 month ago)

You can never have enough books! The wintery book we would add to your list is called Poles Apart. It’s about polar bears and penguins getting lost at the South Pole, so my husband tells me. Sounds like fun. Thanks for sharing some ideas.

4. Michelle Murray
    16 February 2019 at 6:51 am (1 month ago)

Lots of lovely books. We love Pip and Posy books here.

5. Steph
    16 February 2019 at 10:28 am (1 month ago)

I love that The Snowman is still such a brilliant book and favourite. My kids love that story and I did as a child too

6. Wendy
    17 February 2019 at 2:56 pm (1 month ago)

My boys absolutely love The snowman! It’s such a classic. Switching books up match the season is a great idea, I put Christmas books out in December for the boys but have never thought to keep it going all year with season appropriate reading xx

• Jenni
      17 February 2019 at 3:21 pm (1 month ago)

Thanks! We have suggestions for Spring, Summer and Autumn too (plus Hallowe’en in addition to general Autumn) if you scroll back through the books section.

7. Cath - Passports and Adventures
    17 February 2019 at 5:33 pm (1 month ago)

I’m ashamed to say we haven’t read any of those. We do have a few books which feature snow such as an Elmer one and a Mog one but none of the ones on your list.

8. Sonia
    18 February 2019 at 8:49 am (1 month ago)

I’ve not heard of Pip and Posy books before but they look fab, will have to get that one as my little one would love it x

19 February 2019 at 8:34 am (1 month ago)

We had so much snow in my part of the country that was stuck indoors for 2 days. What a lovely collection of books.