Blueberry & Pear Muffins
With the days getting darker and colder, I just can’t help myself baking some nice, comforting treats. Like these blueberry and pear muffins. They never last very long, the boys just gobble them up!
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 200g gluten free self-raising flour, e.g. Dove’s Farm or Sainsbury’s
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 2 Tbsp shredded psyllium husks
- 80g ground almonds
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 100ml Greek yoghurt
- 100g almond butter
- 1 banana, mushed
- 2 Tbsp maple sirup
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- 80g blueberries
- 80g pear, peeled, cored and chopped as small as you can
- 2 Tbsp gluten free oats (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 C.
- Sift the flour in to a large bowl, then mix in the baking powder, psyllium husks and ground almonds.
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs, Greek yoghurt, almond butter, banana and maple sirup.
- Stir the wet ingredients in to the dry ingredients until just mixed. Don’t over-mix, or the muffins will become too dense. If the mixture seems too dry (depends a bit on the size of your eggs), stir in 1 to 2 Tbsp of milk.
- Fold the blueberries and pear pieces in to the mixture.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases and distribute the mixture evenly among them. Sprinkle the tops with some oats, if you like.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes, until starting to go golden brown (depends on your oven, old old one could do it in 20, our new one needed closer to 30).
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes before removing them, then leave on a cooling rack to cool completely.
These look delicious. What a wonderful combination of flavours as well. I’ll have to give this a go at the weekend.
Oo these look really wholesome, in fact I’ve just had some pears delivered so must give them a go :)
Newcastle Family Life
They sound lovely, I rarely bake but I really should do more often x
These sound like a lovely healthy breakfast treat for this time of year. They would make a nice change I think
Wow, I would gladly add this to my listed to bake goodies. I hope my landlord will replace my broken oven so I can start to bake again. Excited to try this on my own.
Cath - BattleMum
These sound amazing. I would never have thought of putting blueberry and pear together. These wouldn’t last long in my house either!
Fashion and Style Police
These look so tasty. You just reminded me of some cake I got yesterday. Going to snack on that now.
I love pears but for some reason we always seem to let them go a bit over, so this would be perfect for those ones! Yummy thanks for sharing x
These look like something my little boy would enjoy to make, plus I think he would love the flavours as well, going to come back to these!