Banana & Coconut Pancakes with Blueberries
Who said the months after Christmas are dull and depressing? It’s Pancake Day tomorrow. Pancakes!! If you are still in need of a last minute, easy recipe, I can totally recommend these banana and coconut beauties. We used a 15cm diameter pan, and it made four pancakes. Perfect for a family breakfast. Just multiply the quantities for bigger pancakes/ more people.
- 2 large, soft bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons gluten free all purpose flour (e.g. Dove’s Farm or Schär)
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons shredded linseeds
- vegetable oil
Plus blueberries, desiccated coconut, and agave sirup or honey to serve.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and mix them in, along with the melted butter.
- In another bowl, sift the flour and mix in the coconut and linseeds.
- Fold the dry ingredients in to the wet ingredients, then leave to stand for about 20 minutes.
- Lightly oil a frying pan and heat on a medium heat (our cooker goes up to 9 and I heat it on 6 for this)
- Put a ladle of batter in to the hot pan, rolling it around the cover the surface.
- Leave to cook until the top starts to set, then flip it over and cook on the other side.
- Once cooked golden on both sides, repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve each pancake with a handful of blueberries (I use frozen ones at this time of year – defrosted, obviously), a sprinkle of desiccated coconut and a drizzle of agave sirup or honey.
HAPPY PANCAKE DAY EVERYONE!
Looking for more yummy pancake recipes? Check out our other pancake posts!
Pingback: Pancakes & Popcorn Dinner Party – The Bear & The Fox