How to Create a Book Advent Calendar

To finish off this week’s focus on Advent Calendars, I have another slightly different idea for you, that will especially appeal to all book lovers – how to create a Book Advent Calendar! Instead of getting chocolates or toys every day, in an Advent Book Calendar there’s a new book to read each day during December. Since sourcing 24 books can get expensive very quickly, I have 5 tips for you on how to create your calendar without breaking the bank. And I also share three different ways to put your calendar together, from wrapping all the books individually, to an alternative idea for those who like a bit of crafting! Just click play on the video below for all my tips and the craft tutorial:

If you need some inspiration on books to include in your calendar, check out my previous post on our Top 50 Christmas Picture Books! And here’s the link to download the calendar template:

Whatever you decide to do this year, I hope you all have a great Advent! And don’t forget, I’ll be sharing further videos during December with more detailed reviews of some of our favourite Christmas picture books, including ones nominated by you! You can follow me on Twitter and Instagram to make sure you don’t miss anything.

Pin For Later

8 Comments on How to Create a Book Advent Calendar

23 November 2018 at 10:24 am (6 months ago)

Another great idea Jenny! I really adore this one, think it may be my favourite such a lovely idea.

2. Treasure Every Moment
    23 November 2018 at 1:30 pm (6 months ago)

I love this idea so much! My daughters don’t have chocolate, so this would be perfect for them :)

3. Marie
    23 November 2018 at 1:44 pm (6 months ago)

I love this. What a creative and fun way to enjoy counting down to Christmas. It’s much nicer than just a chocolate one!

4. Sarah D
    23 November 2018 at 5:00 pm (6 months ago)

Such a lovely idea mush better than a shop bought chocolate calendar. I would love to have a go at making one.

5. Melanie
    23 November 2018 at 10:36 pm (6 months ago)

Not heard of a book advent calendar before, but looks great. Also nice to get Christmas crafting too xx

6. Annette, 3 Little Buttons
    24 November 2018 at 9:54 pm (6 months ago)

After doing this last year I have to admit that I’m not a fan of book advent calendars. But I do love your alternative way of doing the count down

7. Stephanie
    25 November 2018 at 8:19 pm (6 months ago)

What a lovely idea, a brilliant fun way to get excited for Christmas.I am off to pin!

8. Amy - All about a Mummy
    25 November 2018 at 9:50 pm (6 months ago)

What a wonderful idea. We follow my Husband’s family tradition of little pockets with tiny toys in but I’m going to file away this idea for when they grow out of toys!