Chocolate Apples

We are having a wee Hallowe’en gathering this weekend, so Oskar and I have been busy planning what treats to serve up. He suggested toffee apples, but I’m not so keen on toffee or caramel apples as they are so terribly sticky and not great on the teeth. So we have compromised on chocolate apples, which are slightly easier to eat and a little less messy (ha, who am I kidding, there are children involved!) They’re also super simple to make. Here’s how…

All you need are:

• a handful of small apples
  • a clean ice lolly stick for each apple
  • white, milk or dark chocolate (whatever your preference is)
  • coloured sprinkles

Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a simmering pan of water. Remove the stems from the apples and insert an ice lolly stick in to the top of each apple. Spoon the melted chocolate over the apples, and scatter over the sprinkles before the chocolate sets. Leave to cool. Enjoy!

10 Comments on Chocolate Apples

1. Kelly Walton
    October 24, 2018 at 10:31 am (3 weeks ago)

I think I will make chocolate apples too. Even as a child , when my teeth were great, I could never get through a toffee apple !

2. Madeline (This Glorious Life)
    October 24, 2018 at 10:42 am (3 weeks ago)

These look so yummy, and so easy to make! I’m not a big fan of toffee apples either to be honest, they always seem tricky to eat without getting into a sticky mess, so I love this idea of using chocolate instead! x

3. Sonia Cave
    October 24, 2018 at 4:58 pm (3 weeks ago)

We will be having a big making session next week and these will go into the list!

4. Laura: Adventures with J
    October 24, 2018 at 6:49 pm (3 weeks ago)

I definitely think chocolate apples are better than caramel ones. They look so delicious too.

5. Rachel
    October 24, 2018 at 9:43 pm (3 weeks ago)

ooo chocolate apples! Good idea – however i do like a toffee apple too :)

6. Cath - Passports and Adventures
    October 25, 2018 at 12:26 pm (3 weeks ago)

That’s such a fun idea for a Halloween party. I agree toffee apples are messy and these look way more fun anyway. Hope you have an enjoyable gathering!

7. Zena's Suitcase
    October 25, 2018 at 1:11 pm (3 weeks ago)

I think they sound and look like a great compromise. I have two little girls who would love to decorate some chocolate apples over half term I think

8. Emily / Babies and Beauty
    October 25, 2018 at 1:13 pm (3 weeks ago)

Chocolate apples really scream autumn to me, my boys love them.

9. Newcastle FamilyLife
    October 25, 2018 at 2:37 pm (3 weeks ago)

I love the look of these, much nicer than toffee ones x

October 27, 2018 at 7:02 pm (3 weeks ago)

We too will be making chocolate apples this weekend and very excited about it.