A Day at the Book Festival

Since May, I have been working for the Edinburgh International Book Festival. You may have seen my video a while back, where I shared my favourite authors and illustrators appearing in this year’s programme. Well, the Festival finally kicked off this past weekend, and on Monday Oskar came to visit me at work. One of the highlights of his day was getting to meet the formidable Jim Field, illustrator extraordinaire of one of our favourite picture books series – and getting his hands on an early release copy of the ‘Oi Duck-billed Platypus, the latest in the series, before it hits the bookshops next month.

Not only that, Oskar also ended up helping us produce a week video for the Book Festival’s social media channels, showing a day at the Festival through the eyes of a child. He was super excited and super proud, and has been making everyone he knows watch it, lol. Here it is:

The Edinburgh International Book Festival runs until the 27th August, but even if you can’t make it to Edinburgh then I’d still recommend browsing the programme as it’s an excellent way to discover new authors, illustrators and books. Check it out at edbookfest.co.uk!

9 Comments on A Day at the Book Festival

1. Treasure Every Moment
    August 15, 2018 at 10:17 am (3 months ago)

What an incredible focus for a festival! My daughter’s love books and it’s something I’d really like to instil in them :)

2. Cath - BattleMum
    August 16, 2018 at 11:23 am (3 months ago)

Oh wow how cool to meet Jim Field. We love Oi Dog and Oi Frog. I didn’t know there was an Oi Cat. Going to have to order that for Christmas!

3. Katy - Hot Pink Wellingtons
    August 16, 2018 at 12:43 pm (3 months ago)

That’s the cutest video! He looks like he had the most amazing time, and I absolutely love his outfit – the top and the wellies are fantastic! I bet he feels like a little superstar now.

4. rachel
    August 16, 2018 at 1:51 pm (3 months ago)

How cute is Oskar’s smile! My two are book worms, we spend alot of the summer in the library. LB has nearly finished the summer reading challenge. She takes like 3 books at a time!

5. Kirsty
    August 16, 2018 at 2:50 pm (3 months ago)

We love these books! Or I do anyway. I still need to buy Oi Cat although I have read it and it was brilliant and the duck billed platypus has me laughing at the title so I can’t wait to get it.

6. Melanie
    August 16, 2018 at 4:33 pm (3 months ago)

Love a good book festival! I like the look of the Oi Cat book x

7. Annette, 3 Little Buttons
    August 17, 2018 at 2:09 pm (3 months ago)

This looks like a great way to immerse the little ones in books. I love stuff like this, but yet to find one near us.

8. Beth @ BethinaBox.com
    August 19, 2018 at 12:31 pm (3 months ago)

Oh wow!!! A book festival – we would be in our element. I love the sound of the books too. :)

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on A Day at the Book Festival

1. […] International Book Festival since May, and the Festival itself took place in August (did you see Oskar’s wee star moment?) We ended up spending quite a bit of time there, obviously when I was working but I only work part […]