It’s time to share another one of our quick, easy mid-week, family favourite meals with you. This recipe actually comes courtesy of my husband, it’s one of his signature dishes! The name is a derivative of the dish ‘Chicken Alfredo’, of which this is an adapted, one pot version (less washing up!) We changed it to Alfred in honour of our youngest.
- vegetable oil
- 400g chicken breast
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 heaped teaspoons stock powder
- 240ml single cream
- 230g pasta (we use gluten free Penne)
- 80g grated Parmesan
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Chop the chicken in to small, bite sized pieces and brown it in some vegetable oil in a large pan for which you have a lid.
- Add the crushed garlic.
- Dissolve the stock powder in 400ml of hot water and add to the pan.
- Add the double cream.
- Finally, add the pasta and bring everything to the boil, uncovered.
- Once it is boiling, cover the pan and turn down the heat. Don’t let it boil over from here on!
- After around 10-15 minutes, or when the pasta is done (depends on your pasta), add the Parmesan and mix until melted in.
- Optionally, you can sprinkle some chopped parsley on top for a bit of colour. I added some to the adults’ plates, thinking the kids wouldn’t want any, and next thing you know they are demanding ‘where is ours?’ Lol.