Goodness, how is it March already? My last month at home with Mr Fox. I still don’t have a new job lined up yet, but he will start at Kindergarten from April for a few hours a day regardless. I’ll have to make the most of our time together. And as much as I love winter, I’m hoping March will bring us a bit warmer weather. I’m fed up of constantly having to wrap and unwrap the kids in a gazillion layers.
Here are a few other things we’re looking forward to in March…
1. Easter! Okay, so Easter isn’t until the end of the month, but it’s definitely the highlight of March. Egg hunts, death by chocolate, maybe some roast lamb if we’re lucky. What’s not to love?
2. A trip to the cinema. The Boy has been asking for months when we can go again. We promised him a trip at Christmas, but somehow it never happened. Now we’ve been waiting for a good kids movie to take him too (yes, selfishly, I want to enjoy it too and not just sit through it). Zoomania, which hits the screens here in Berlin this month, is looking good for it.
3. March is the official start of the ice-cream season here in Berlin! Did I mention we now live just a block each away from two award winning ice-cream places? Omnomnom.
4. Also food related, one thing I love about Germany is how they celebrate seasonal foods here, and March sees the first fresh Bärlauch (wild garlic) hit the shops. The rest of the family may not be as excited about this as I am…
5. And, finally, I’m super excited about visiting Gothenburg in March. I have been to Sweden before, but it will be my first time in Gothenburg – I hear they have quite a few good museums there ;)