Salmon & Cornflakes Fish Fingers (GF)

My boys love fish fingers. I think most kids do. And we do keep some in the freezer for those last minute dinner emergencies. But the thing is I can’t eat them – unless I can track down some gluten free ones in a high end supermarket – and they’re also a little bit over processed so not my favourite thing to eat. So when there’s a little more time, and we want something a little more flavoursome, we like to make our own fish fingers out of salmon fillets and coated with gluten free crushed cornflakes. Luckily, my boys love these fish fingers just as much!

Ingredients:

• 500g salmon fillets
  • 1/2 cup plain gluten free flour
  • 2 eggs
  • pinch of salt
  • 100g gluten free cornflakes
  • vegetable oil

Note: If you don’t need to cook gluten free, you can use regular flour and cornflakes.

Directions:

• Prepare three bowls: one with the flour; one with the eggs, beaten with a pinch of salt; ,and one with the cornflakes, crushed.
  • Cut the salmon fillets in to finger sized pieces.
  • Turn each fish finger first in the flour, then in the beaten egg, and finally in the crushed cornflakes.
  • Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the fish fingers for 2-3 minutes each side, until the fish is cooked through and the cornflake crust is a crispy golden brown. Before serving, place the fish fingers on a plate lined with kitchen paper to soak up any excess oil.

9 Comments on Salmon & Cornflakes Fish Fingers (GF)

1. Wendy
    6 September 2019 at 8:13 am (3 weeks ago)

Sounds so easy and so yummy! My boys eat way to many fish fingers so definitely going to try making these xx

2. Lyndsey O'Halloran
    6 September 2019 at 7:48 pm (3 weeks ago)

These look so nice and easy to make! Erin might like these.

3. Rebecca Smith
    6 September 2019 at 9:43 pm (3 weeks ago)

These sound absolutely delicious. My kids love fish fingers so I totally need to give these a try!

7 September 2019 at 9:46 am (2 weeks ago)

These looks great! What a good idea to use salmon too, a find a lot of kids won’t touch salmon but it is so tasty!

5. Katie
    7 September 2019 at 10:22 am (2 weeks ago)

We can luckily find gf fish fingers in most of our local supermarkets but when I have the time these look like a great alternative. Thanks!

6. Cath - Passports and Adventures
    7 September 2019 at 10:28 am (2 weeks ago)

Wow that’s a super easy recipe for fish fingers. I’d never really thought of making my own fish fingers but could easily follow this.

7. Melanie williams
    8 September 2019 at 6:30 pm (2 weeks ago)

My other half loves fish is any shape and form, so this would be right up his street xx

8. Stephanie
    9 September 2019 at 8:51 pm (2 weeks ago)

Oh yum yum these look lovely and so healthy and fresh

11 September 2019 at 3:21 pm (2 weeks ago)

Our little man absolutely loves his fish fingers, I try to make them from scratch as often as I can. These look absolutely divine and a lovely dish for tea.