What Mummy is Currently Reading!

Hi everyone! You’re probably used to me by now sharing book recommendations for kids. Well, I also get asked a lot if I ever have time to read books for myself and if so, whether I could share some recommendations for mums (and dads) to read. And the answer is yes I do, and yes I can! So, for a change, my latest video is about what I’m currently reading. Hope you enjoy it!

If you enjoyed the video, I’d be really grateful if you would subscribe to my channel. Thanks!

List of books:

Please note that all the book links in this post are Amazon affiliate links. That means if you buy any books via these links, I receive a small percentage – at no extra cost to you! – which helps to keep this blog running!

9 Comments on What Mummy is Currently Reading!

1. Wendy
    September 24, 2018 at 1:46 pm (4 weeks ago)

Ohh I love book recommendations and haven’t read any of these! Will be adding to my every growing reading list xx

2. Amy - All about a Mummy
    September 24, 2018 at 4:39 pm (4 weeks ago)

I haven’t read any of those but there is a couple there which are definitely my kind of books!

3. Rochelle
    September 24, 2018 at 5:03 pm (4 weeks ago)

That’s a really eclectic and interesting book pile! I’m not a big reader of biographies, but I’ve heard Rose McGowan talk and hers is one I might make an exception for. I AM quite a fan of Russian literature though, so I might have to give the Anna Karenina Fix a go too – though I dread to think what some of those life lessons might be! Top of my pile to read next is’Not Forgetting the Whale’ by John Ironmonger, which hopefully I’ll finally get round to now the summer holidays are over…

4. Rim
    September 24, 2018 at 6:54 pm (4 weeks ago)

Thank you for putting this list together. It’s helpful to have some good books in mind.
    In the Dark seems closer to my usual read, so I will check it out.

5. Alex Lamb & Bear
    September 25, 2018 at 7:26 am (4 weeks ago)

I wish I could read more. I spend every spare minute working and if I do pick up a book in bed I fall asleep straight away!

6. Rachael
    September 25, 2018 at 9:15 am (4 weeks ago)

What an interesting list of books, I’ve never read any Russian literature so they sound really intriguing. I’ve always stopped myself from having more than one book on the go at any time because I thought it was a little naughty, but seeing that you do it has convinced me that it’s okay after all. ;)

7. Sonia
    September 25, 2018 at 10:33 am (4 weeks ago)

I haven’t actually read any of these but love the sound of some of them, always looking for some great books to read so going to add them to my wishlist now. Thank you x

8. Emily Leary
    September 25, 2018 at 11:52 am (4 weeks ago)

I really enjoyed your book review and how lovely to have had the opportunity to hear some the authors speak in Edinburgh. The Anna Karenina Fix and The Gender Games sound particularly interesting – I’m going to have to visit the local library soon and make some time to read!

9. Debbie
    October 1, 2018 at 10:05 am (3 weeks ago)

Oh I love a good recommendation- I’m currently reading Dan Brown one after the other so will need a change of track soon!