One of the most popular toys – apart from cars and Lego, of course – that our boys have is their play kitchen. A play kitchen is a fantastic toy for role play – we made ours for our eldest when he was 2, from a bedside cabinet (check out my previous post for the tutorial). He’s growing a bit big for it now, at age 7, but his little brother has just turned 3 and has taken over the mantle as play kitchen chef.
Our play kitchen is stocked with plenty of play food, and pots and pans, but one thing that we have been missing, is a nice tea set. So when I met the lovely team from Addoplay at the BlogOn Conference in September, and was chatting to them about our play kitchen, I was delighted when they offered to send us a free Busy Me Time For Tea tin tea set to review!
Disclosure: We were sent a free Busy Me Time For Tea tin tea set for review, but all images, words and opinions that follow are our own!
What’s in the box? The 14 piece set includes 4 plates, 4 cups, 4 saucers and a teapot with removable lid.
As you can see, Mr Fox is loving his new tea set! I now get endless cups of tea served with my felt cookies and donuts. The set is aimed at children aged 3-6 years, and is the perfect size for little hands – not too dinky, but still small enough to fit nicely in to their miniature world.
What I really love about the tea set, is that it is made from tin rather than plastic. I think it just looks nicer, and we already have way too many plastic toys as it is. There are also some really nice porcelain tea sets around, but knowing how rough my boys can get, they wouldn’t last long. So the tin set is a nice alternative.
The other thing I really love about it, is the colours. A lot of other tea sets I have seen have been very pink. My boys love a bit of pink – my eldest especially, as you may know if you’ve been following the blog or my Instagram for a while – but not too much. This set is a lovely balance of colours, with pink, blue, red and green. It’s also great to see that they have pictures of both girls and boys on the box and in their promotional pictures. I feel very strongly about toys not being advertised as ‘boys toys’ or ‘girls toys’, and I think Busy Me have got it just right!
The Busy Me Time For Tea tin tea set retails at £15 though is currently on offer at just £10 at TheToyShop.com. I think the set is good value for money, and good quality too. We have been really pleased with ours, and would definitely recommend it, so I am delighted to be able to offer my readers the chance to win a set, courtesy of Addoplay. You can enter via the Rafflecopter entry form below. UK entries only. The giveaway runs until 8th December.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tomorrow I will be sharing some more ways to stock a play kitchen, so be sure to check back!
Giveaway Terms & Conditions:
- This giveaway is open from midnight on Tuesday 28th November to midnight on Friday 8th December 2017, UK time.
- UK entries only – by entering, you are confirming that you have a UK address.
- There will be 1 prize and 1 winner.
- The prize is one Busy Me Time For Tea tin tea set, RRP £15.
- The winner will be selected from all valid entries.
- The winners will be contacted and asked to respond within 7 days. If a response is not received within 7 days, an alternative winner will be selected at random from all remaining valid entries.
- The prize will be sent out by Addoplay.
- Email addresses will not be shared with any third parties.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.