Lolly Stick Reindeer

The countdown to Christmas is on! If you’re looking for some easy Christmas crafts to do with the kids, look no further than these cute lolly stick reindeer:

If you prefer step by step instructions, then read on!

First of all, you will need:

• 3 lolly sticks
  • brown paint (I used a quick drying paint stick)
  • pipe cleaner, in gold or another colour of your choice
  • 2 googly eyes
  • small red pompom

You will also need scissors, to cut the pipe cleaner, and glue to assemble the reindeer. I recommend using a hot glue gun if you have access to one.

Step 1: Paint one side of each lolly stick brown.

Step 2: Glue two lolly sticks together, at one end, in to a V shape.

Step 3: Glue the third lolly stick across the other two, as shown in the picture below.

Step 4: Cut the pipe cleaner in half, and twist each half around the top lolly stick to make antlers.

Step 5: Glue on the google eyes.

Step 6: Glue on the pompom for the nose.

You can also add a little loop of string to the top of each reindeer, to hang them up as ornaments:

I’d love to see your finished reindeer, so feel free to share and tag me on Twitter or Instagram!

8 Comments on Lolly Stick Reindeer

1. Erica Hughes
    9 December 2019 at 9:50 am (2 months ago)

Oh these are very cute. I like that they look quite simple and don’t require too many crafting items to make them.

2. Phoebe
    9 December 2019 at 11:11 am (2 months ago)

This is absolutely adorable and so simple I think even I could manage it! I don’t have young kids anymore but would happily do it just for myself!!!

3. MELANIE EDJOURIAN
    9 December 2019 at 1:06 pm (2 months ago)

This sounds like a cute and fun project for kids to do. It’s a great way to keep them busy, having fun and getting into the festive spirit.

4. Karen Legge
    9 December 2019 at 5:13 pm (2 months ago)

These are so cool! And even better – we already have all the essentials to make them. Guess what grandma is getting with her Christmas card!

5. Claire
    9 December 2019 at 5:20 pm (2 months ago)

These are adorable! I definitely think i could manage to make these with the kids!

Great tutorial x

6. Talya
    10 December 2019 at 10:30 am (1 month ago)

Ahh we made these last year – such a sweet activity and they look adorable on the tree.

7. Pati Robins
    10 December 2019 at 12:05 pm (1 month ago)

what a truly fantastic diy to make with a whole family , i find your reindeer’s adorable

8. Sarah Howe
    10 December 2019 at 5:48 pm (1 month ago)

Ah these Are soooo cute and so easy to make. Would be good to keep for future years too.