Chapter Book of the Month: Jack Jones

For this month’s chapter book, we’ve got some good old adventure fun for you! We were very kindly sent three books from the new <<Jack Jones>> series for review, and really enjoyed reading them together. Take a look at what Oskar had to say about them:

All three Jack Jones books are available via Amazon: The Pirate Treasure | The Haunted Lighthouse | The Lost Temple – and there are more Jack Jones books planned, so the adventure will continue!

If you enjoyed this episode, please do like the video and subscribe to our channel! You might also want to check out Oskar’s previous chapter book recommendations. We’d love to hear what chapter books you enjoy reading with your kids, so feel free to share any recommendations in the comments. Thanks x

DISCLAIMER: We were sent free copies of these books in return for an honest review. All words and opinions are our own!

13 Comments on Chapter Book of the Month: Jack Jones

1. Treasure Every Moment
    26 March 2019 at 8:55 am (8 months ago)

Aww I can’t wait to get to reading chapter books with my children (they’re a bit young at the moment), but I think the David Walliams books will be a hit with them :)

2. sonia cave
    26 March 2019 at 5:27 pm (8 months ago)

These look fantastic and would be perfect my my twins. They would probably like to start reading themselves too as their next set to practise their English reading. I am going to try and get hold of them!

• Diana
      27 March 2019 at 9:32 pm (8 months ago)

It’s such an exciting step seeing children begin to read independently! Jack Jones books are available on Amazon, Sonia! They really are great for children starting to read on their own or with some help from you. Plus, you don’t need to worry about any bad guys, toilet humor or violence, so they’re perfect adventures to read at bedtime, too. (Full disclosure, my name is Diana Swain and my husband wrote the books.) Enjoy your adventures with Jack!

3. Lyndsey O'Halloran
    26 March 2019 at 10:17 pm (8 months ago)

I can’t wait until Erin starts to read chapter books! She’s only 3 so we’re a bit of a way off yet.

27 March 2019 at 6:11 am (8 months ago)

I don’t think I have read any Jack Jones books but definitely need to check them out and will watch the video after work.

27 March 2019 at 8:20 am (8 months ago)

We haven’t read any of the Jack Jones series yet. I will have to change that as I think my boys would really enjoy those.

• Diana
      27 March 2019 at 10:58 pm (8 months ago)

Hi Sabina, My 7 and 4-year old will sit through chapter after chapter when we read them Jack Jones adventures – I hope your boys will love exploring with Jack and his crew as well. (By the way, it was my husband who wrote the books, just so you’re aware ;) ) Have a wonderful evening.

6. Lucy Mackcracken
    27 March 2019 at 1:00 pm (8 months ago)

I haven’t seen these books before but my daughter would love them. She’s at a lovely age now where she can read so we take it in turns to read a page from her books at bed time.

• Diana
      27 March 2019 at 11:13 pm (8 months ago)

So glad to hear that your daughter loves adventure books, Lucy! My husband wrote the books (full disclosure!) and we road-tested them on our two boys who loved them, but my niece who is 5 and a dear friend’s daughter who’s 9 didn’t want to stop reading them, and I’ve even had people tell me they’ve read them to their 3 and 4-year-old granddaughters who’ve enjoyed them, too! Would love to hear what your daughter thinks if you do decide to journey with Jack, Emma and Albert! Happy adventuring!

7. Wendy
    27 March 2019 at 7:56 pm (8 months ago)

My eldest is really in to chapter books at the moment, he’s not read any Jack jones yet but it sounds like something he’d enjoy xx

8. Stephanie
    27 March 2019 at 9:08 pm (8 months ago)

Oh I’ve not heard of Jack Jones books for my kids, they sound great!

• Diana
      27 March 2019 at 11:02 pm (8 months ago)

Hi Stephanie, The Jack Jones books were actually written by my husband. We have three in the series so far, as Oskar mentioned – and we’ve found that children from 3 through 9 or 10 have really enjoyed the adventures (and the grown-ups have loved that there is no violence, or “attitude”, no monsters and that there’s teamwork and of course, adventure!) Would love to hear your feedback if you do end up reading them. Enjoy! Diana

9. Amy - All about a Mummy
    28 March 2019 at 7:02 am (8 months ago)

We haven’t heard of these books before but that sound perfect for my eldest so will have to give them a go.