Our Top 10 Summer Holiday Reads for Kids

The summer holidays have kicked off here in Scotland, so I’ve gathered together our Top 10 kids books that scream SUMMER in my latest video. There’s something there for all ages, from board books for the very little ones to chapter books for older kids!

If you enjoyed the video, I’d be really grateful if you would subscribe to my channel. Thanks!

List of Books:

Please note that all the book links in this post are Amazon affiliate links. That means if you buy any books via these links, I receive a small percentage – at no extra cost to you! – which helps to keep this blog running!

10 Comments on Our Top 10 Summer Holiday Reads for Kids

1. Rochelle @ www.rhubarbandwren.co.uk
    9 July 2018 at 11:00 am (2 years ago)

I love your summer reading selection – there’s a fair few here I have’t come across before so I will have to check them out for the holidays. The camping ones look especially great – I am dying to know what happens to Boris’ tent… :) I think Enid Blyton is my equivalent to Astrid Lindgren for some reading – all the ones where kids end up on islands though, so there must be something about kids & islands that just universally screams ‘summer’!

2. Talya
    9 July 2018 at 1:05 pm (2 years ago)

Ahhh we love a bit of Maisie and lovely to see old Curiois George in there – happy reading!

3. Lucy mackcracken
    9 July 2018 at 4:58 pm (2 years ago)

I always feel like I’m reading the same books over and over again with my daughter, she has favourites and won’t let me read others. Perhaps I could tempt her with some new options from this list.

4. Amy - All about a Mummy
    9 July 2018 at 5:01 pm (2 years ago)

I’m ashamed to say we haven’t read any of these! Need to get with the programme as they sound great.

5. Treasure Every Moment
    9 July 2018 at 6:39 pm (2 years ago)

I’ve not read any of these, which I can barely believe! I love the sound of Penguin on Holiday :)

6. Tracy
    10 July 2018 at 12:52 pm (2 years ago)

Living in Sweden, we love Astrid Lindgren and we’ve sat for a good couple of minutes trying to figure out which book Seacrow Island is in Swedish! They dramatised the book in a series here in the 70s and it is really fun! Great list of books for summer!

7. Laura Dove
    10 July 2018 at 10:43 pm (2 years ago)

What a great list! We actually havent read any of these which is crazy, I am so going to rectify that!

8. karamell
    22 August 2018 at 4:06 pm (2 years ago)