Our Favourite Books for Starting School

Only two weeks and a bit until the new term starts here in Edinburgh, so our back to school countdown continues with a selection of our favourite books about school. Our picks include choices for kids starting school for the first time, starting at a new school, and a couple of general school favourites. Hope you enjoy the video – let us know your favourites!

If you enjoyed the video, I’d be really grateful if you would subscribe to my channel. Thanks!

Featured Books:

What are your favourite picture books about school? Feel free to share in the comments below!

Please note, all links in this post are Affiliate links, which means if you shop via these links I will receive a small percentage of the revenue, without any extra cost to you, which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you.

8 Comments on Our Favourite Books for Starting School

1. Lyndsey O'Halloran
    31 July 2019 at 8:52 am (3 months ago)

Starting school can be scary but it’s great there are so many books to help children.

2. Treasure Every Moment
    31 July 2019 at 9:59 am (3 months ago)

My eldest child starts school this September and I’m really not ready for the changes, even if she is! I love the idea of reading relevant books to highlight and bring excitement around the changes ahead :)

3. Jon
    31 July 2019 at 10:31 am (3 months ago)

Wow! I didn’t even know these sort of books existed! I bet they are a great help for kids that are about to start!

4. OddHogg
    31 July 2019 at 11:53 am (3 months ago)

My eldest starts preschool in August. I’m excited for him but he doesn’t really understand it yet! How do dinosaurs go to school sounds right up his street – he’s dinosaur mad

31 July 2019 at 12:08 pm (3 months ago)

Great choices. My kids loved all of the Charlie and Lola books, they’re great!

6. Pati Robins
    31 July 2019 at 3:43 pm (3 months ago)

Love those ideas for books for the kids , so wish they were around when my daughter was starting school x

7. Laura Schwormstedt
    2 August 2019 at 6:43 pm (3 months ago)

This is a great way to get kids back into the school mood and my boys love books – these are going on the list, thanks for sharing

Laura x

8. Clare minall
    3 August 2019 at 4:00 am (3 months ago)

Starting school is my kid’s vreatest fear lol, but tha k u for sharing this I will make sure to put this on the list