Our Favourite Picture Books for World Book Day

It’s World Book Day in the UK a week from today, so we thought we’d take the opportunity to share some of our all time favourite picture books with you. The boys and I each picked one favourite to share – we hope you enjoy the video:

If you enjoyed the video, I’d be really grateful if you would subscribe to my channel. Thanks!

List of books:

What are your all time favourite picture books? Please feel free to share in the comments below, or to tag me on Instagram or Twitter.

Please note, all links in this post are Affiliate links, which means if you shop via these links I will receive a small percentage of the revenue, without any extra cost to you, which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you.

9 Comments on Our Favourite Picture Books for World Book Day

1. Bec Jones
    28 February 2019 at 3:31 pm (3 weeks ago)

thank you for the great book suggestions – will come in very handy for the great nephews and nieces. The dog bottom book sounds hilarious.

2. Lucy Mackcracken
    28 February 2019 at 4:22 pm (3 weeks ago)

My daughter is older now so past the picture book stage, she is going to dress as the BFG for world book Day. My little boy is 3 months old so I am just starting to introduce him to some simple picture books.

3. sonia cave
    28 February 2019 at 5:00 pm (3 weeks ago)

These look good, we have not read any of them…I feel so narrow minded when I say that we do read a lot honestly!! but it is also nice to get recommendations too :-)

28 February 2019 at 8:24 pm (3 weeks ago)

Great choices! Do you know what, I still love the Hungry Caterpillar and we have a lovely illustrated book called the Snow Queen.

5. Janet
    28 February 2019 at 9:00 pm (3 weeks ago)

Ooh we never had any of these books when the children were little. We liked Monkey Puzzle.

6. Tracey Kifford
    1 March 2019 at 7:53 pm (3 weeks ago)

Well just lately my favourite mainly picture book is The Wonky Donkey – and yes it’s because of the Scottish granny who couldn’t read it without laughing!

7. Kelly-Anne
    1 March 2019 at 8:52 pm (3 weeks ago)

We are very excited for world book day! I love some of the books you’ve featured. But world book day is a great opportunity to read books you wouldn’t normally.

8. Melanie williams
    2 March 2019 at 3:02 pm (3 weeks ago)

It is funny I have come by this, as my friend was talking about needing new reads for her daughter. Perfect timing xx