Let’s Create a Kids Art Museum Together!

Happy Museum Monday! Today I have something a little different for you. It’s actually a project I meant to launch at the beginning of the year, but due to our unexpected trip to Japan which we had to organise at fairly short notice, it all got postponed a little.

So, I started digitising my boys’ artwork last summer when we were moving house, and thinking of ways to display the digitised files. Of course I keep all the files on my computer, backup included, but I wanted to share some of the artwork more widely. I discussed it with Oskar (my 8 yr old) and together we came up with the idea of creating an online art ‘museum’ (after much thought, I opted to go with museum rather than gallery, because in some countries an art gallery always means a commercial venture that sells art, so museum causes less confusion).

I chose Instagram to host the project, as that seems to be people’s platform of choice at the moment, and have created an account to share not only the boys’ drawings and paintings, but to also invite YOU to share your kids’ artwork. Let’s create a Digital Kids Art Museum together! You can find it at instagram.com/bearandfoxart

If you would like to submit your child’s drawing or painting to the project, you can email me at art@thebearandthefox.com – I will need the image, a title or short description, child’s name (or nickname/ initial if you prefer), age and year when they created the artwork, and location. If you are on Instagram and would like to be tagged, I can include that also.

If you don’t have kids but would like to support the project, then please do follow us on Instagram to give the project a good kick-start. I look forward to sharing lots of great kids art with you all! Thank you!

10 Comments on Let’s Create a Kids Art Museum Together!

1. Charlotte - Mama Makes Do
    1 April 2019 at 7:58 pm (3 months ago)

What a lovely idea. I’ve just followed this. I’d really like to get some of my little ones art changed into something physical, like a printed cushion or a plush toy in the shape of the creations he’s made.

2. Anita Faulkner - Brazen Mummy Writes
    1 April 2019 at 8:23 pm (3 months ago)

This is such a good idea. I’m not yet on Insta, otherwise I would follow along. These are certainly better than most of the art I’ve seen! Lovely bright colours.xx

3. Lyndsey OHalloran
    1 April 2019 at 8:34 pm (3 months ago)

What a really fun idea and so different. I need to do something with Erin’s artwork before we get too much

4. Laura Dove
    1 April 2019 at 11:09 pm (3 months ago)

Oh I love this idea! I will head over to instagram, this is such a great idea. With four children we have a lot of art work!

5. Talya
    2 April 2019 at 9:04 am (3 months ago)

What a lovely idea and such a great way of using Instagram to collate children’s artwork and look back
    on to admire.

6. Jon
    2 April 2019 at 10:53 am (3 months ago)

Really clever idea this! My sisters kids are forever making artwork like this at their early age and it would be a great place to showcase it!

7. Sonia
    2 April 2019 at 1:29 pm (3 months ago)

Oh this is lovely. Years ago I used to host a kids art Linky which was really lovely.

8. Melanie williams
    3 April 2019 at 3:11 pm (3 months ago)

This is such a super fab idea. So simple but a great way to get kids feeling creative and part of the art scene xx

9. Amy - All about a Mummy
    3 April 2019 at 4:14 pm (3 months ago)

What a fabulous idea. I love that splatter painting! Would look fantastic in my front room!

10. Jade
    6 April 2019 at 9:59 pm (3 months ago)

This is such a great idea. My son’s school just hosted an art exhibition for Autism Awareness Week. The kids were all so excited to see their work displayed. A digital collection is such a great way to do it.