St Nicholas Day Guest Post on Stocking Fairy

Happy St Nicholas Day! Did you know that in Germany, children put their shoes out on the night of 5th December, and if they have been good St Nicholas will come and fill them with treats! Sound familiar? But if you’ve been naughty, you might find rocks or a rod in your shoe instead! If you’re interested in finding out more, I’ve shared some more details about our German Christmas traditions over on my friend Amanda’s new site Stocking Fairy.

And if you haven’t got your stocking fillers sorted yet for this Christmas, check out Amanda’s Stocking Fairy service – high quality stocking fillers for different ages and interests, all wrapped and ready to pop in your kiddo’s stocking. One less thing to worry about!

Do you celebrate St Nicholas Day? I’d love to hear about any Christmas traditions that are special to you. Feel free to share them in the comments below!

7 Comments on St Nicholas Day Guest Post on Stocking Fairy

1. Sonia
    December 6, 2018 at 12:39 pm (3 days ago)

I love this idea and off to check out the stocking fillers now. I think we are sorted but there’s always room for 1 or 2 more!!!

2. Nicola | Mummy to Dex
    December 6, 2018 at 1:08 pm (3 days ago)

I love reading about different traditions in other countries, it’s funny how different they can be isn’t it? Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.

3. Talya
    December 6, 2018 at 2:19 pm (3 days ago)

I always find souring for stockings the hardest part – will have to check out the Stocking Fairy site sounds very useful indeed!

4. Cath - Passports and Adventures
    December 6, 2018 at 11:02 pm (3 days ago)

Oh that’s such a lovely idea to start the festive season. We’ve never celebrated St Nicholas’Day in our house but I’m wishing we did. Wouldn’t mind my shoes being filled with treats.

5. Sonia
    December 8, 2018 at 7:58 am (2 days ago)

We don’t celebrate this,I think we have enough in with just doing Christmas to be honest. December is such a busy time. Going to go and have a read of your post on the Stocking Fairy x

6. Lindsey bray
    December 8, 2018 at 9:04 am (2 days ago)

That’s so cute, I’ve never heard of it before. Some great ideas on het website too.