St Nicholas Day Guest Post on Stocking Fairy

Happy St Nicholas Day! Did you know that in Germany, children put their shoes out on the night of 5th December, and if they have been good St Nicholas will come and fill them with treats! Sound familiar? But if you’ve been naughty, you might find rocks or a rod in your shoe instead! If you’re interested in finding out more, I’ve shared some more details about our German Christmas traditions over on my friend Amanda’s new site Stocking Fairy.

And if you haven’t got your stocking fillers sorted yet for this Christmas, check out Amanda’s Stocking Fairy service – high quality stocking fillers for different ages and interests, all wrapped and ready to pop in your kiddo’s stocking. One less thing to worry about!

Do you celebrate St Nicholas Day? I’d love to hear about any Christmas traditions that are special to you. Feel free to share them in the comments below!

9 Comments on St Nicholas Day Guest Post on Stocking Fairy

1. Sonia
    6 December 2018 at 12:39 pm (10 months ago)

I love this idea and off to check out the stocking fillers now. I think we are sorted but there’s always room for 1 or 2 more!!!

2. Nicola | Mummy to Dex
    6 December 2018 at 1:08 pm (10 months ago)

I love reading about different traditions in other countries, it’s funny how different they can be isn’t it? Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.

3. Talya
    6 December 2018 at 2:19 pm (10 months ago)

I always find souring for stockings the hardest part – will have to check out the Stocking Fairy site sounds very useful indeed!

4. Cath - Passports and Adventures
    6 December 2018 at 11:02 pm (10 months ago)

Oh that’s such a lovely idea to start the festive season. We’ve never celebrated St Nicholas’Day in our house but I’m wishing we did. Wouldn’t mind my shoes being filled with treats.

7 December 2018 at 7:52 am (10 months ago)

I honestly didn’t even know what st. Nicholas day was, learnt something new today.

6. Sonia
    8 December 2018 at 7:58 am (10 months ago)

We don’t celebrate this,I think we have enough in with just doing Christmas to be honest. December is such a busy time. Going to go and have a read of your post on the Stocking Fairy x

7. Lindsey bray
    8 December 2018 at 9:04 am (10 months ago)

That’s so cute, I’ve never heard of it before. Some great ideas on het website too.

8. Mel
    10 December 2018 at 12:59 pm (10 months ago)

I had no idea that was the tradition in Germany! In France, we put our shoes in front of the Christmas tree on Christmas eve and we don’t have anything related to St Nicholas but I know a fair few other countries in Europe do.

9. Siobhan | The Baby Boat Diaries
    17 December 2018 at 10:38 pm (9 months ago)

I love reading about the saint Nicholas tradition in Germany. Off to check out the stocking fairy website Now!