As you may have gathered, if you’ve been following this blog for a while, we are big fans of a good subscription box or two. You may also have gathered, that we love books – a lot! So you can imagine how delighted we were to be invited to test out The Happy Book Club subscription box, which brings you new picture books each month for children up to the age of 7, always on a different theme. And since we are all about themed book round-ups, here at The Bear & The Fox, it seemed like a perfect match!
There are two subscription levels to choose from, The Happy Book Club Subscription, which includes one themed book, and some activity suggestions. And the The Very Happy Book Club Subscription, which includes two books, the activity suggestions, and also an additional gift or craft activity. So, for example, this month’s theme was Friendship, and the craft activity was decorating a picture frame with the frame and a selection of stickers being included. On top of that, a charity donation is made for each subscription, related to that month’s theme. There are, on average, around three to six different titles for each month’s theme, and your books will be chosen from those according to your child’s age. You can select the age range when you order, and there are three to choose from: 0-1, 2-4, and 5-7.
The Happy Book Club offers 1, 3, 6 or 12 month packages ranging in price from £7.99 or £12.99 for the one month options, to £82.99 or £131.99 for the twelve months options, with savings up to more than 10% on the longer term commitment packages. The combined RRP for the books in our March package amounts to more than the cost of a month’s subscription – and that’s not even including the craft materials – so it’s good value for money. If you love picture books, and you love surprises, then this is the subscription box for you!
I will be reviewing the two books we received (see photo above) in more detail in our weekly book round-up, both here on the blog and over on YouTube, so be sure to check back on Friday! In the mean time, The Happy Book Club are giving away one of the April Happy Book Club Packages, containing one book. The theme is a surprise! You can enter via the Rafflecopter entry form below. UK entries only. The giveaway runs until 20th March.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway Terms & Conditions:
- This giveaway is open from midnight on Thursday 15th March to midnight on Wednesday 20th March 2017, UK time.
- UK entries only – by entering, you are confirming that you have a UK address.
- There will be 1 prize and 1 winner.
The prize is one April Happy Book Club Package, which contains one book.
- The winner will be selected from all valid entries.
- The winners will be contacted and asked to respond within 48 hours. If a response is not received within 48 hours, an alternative winner will be selected at random from all remaining valid entries.
- The prize will be sent out by The Happy Book Club.
- Email addresses will not be shared with any third parties.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
Disclosure: We received a free Happy Book Club subscription box in return for an honest review. All words and opinions, however, are as always our own.