Here’s a super quick midweek that can be thrown together in about half an hour and has become a new family favourite.
- vegetable oil
- 500g turkey breast (or, if it only comes in 400g or 600g packets, don’t stress & go with that!)
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 large carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tin or jar of bamboo shoots (ca. 180g drained weight or the closest you can get)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1ooml smooth orange juice
- 6 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- a handful of cashew nuts
- cooked rice to serve
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Cut the turkey breast in to strips and coat with the corn flour and stir fry in the oil until cooked through. Remove from the pan.
- Peel the carrots and deseed the pepper, then cut both in to matchstick sized pieces. Stir fry the carrots, pepper and bamboo shoots together with the ground ginger for about 3 minutes.
- Add the turkey meat back in an stir fry for another minute or so to warm through.
- Add the orange juice and soy sauce and bring to the boil while stirring.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on a bed of rice with cashew nuts scattered on top.