Thanks to gluten free pasta being readily available in some of our local shops, spaghetti is a popular meal at our house. But in hot summer weather, spaghetti bolognese or carbonara just seem a little too heavy sometimes. This is a great alternative with summery flavours.
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 250-300g gluten free spaghetti
- olive oil
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 1 medium courgette, grated
- 1 tub of ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- handful of fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Cook your spaghetti and reserve a tablespoon or two of the cooking water.
- Fry the crushed garlic in the olive oil on a medium heat for a couple of minutes, being careful not to let it burn.
- Stir in the grated courgette and cook until warmed through and starting to soften.
- Mix in the ricotta cheese, lemon juice and a tablespoon of the reserved spaghetti water. If the sauce still seems too thick, add some more water.
- Stir in the fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the spaghetti in with the sauce and serve. Tastes lovely with a cherry tomato and basil side salad.