22 August 2012
This is a super quick and easy midweek meal, and if you want a vegetarian option you can just leave out the hot dog sausages. If you have fresh herbs at hand, it tastes even better than with the dried herbs.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- vegetable oil
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 3-4 hot dog sausages
- 1 medium courgette, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 tin of pre-cooked chickpeas (i.e. not dried chickpeas)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the crushed garlic in the oil on a medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the sausages, coourgette and pepper and cook for a couple of minutes until the vegetables being to soften.
- Stir in the tin of chickpeas and the tin of chopped tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes until hot through.
- Stir in the parsley and basil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve on rice or with some nice bread.