4 July 2012
In a very tenuous link to the 4th July, this week’s midweek meal includes some American hot dogs…chopped up!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200g gluten free pasta, e.g. fusilli or similar
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 4 hotdog sausages, sliced
- 1 small tin sweetcorn
- 200g grated cheese, e.g cheddar or emmental
- 1 small tub creme fraiche (ca. 250ml)
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C
- Boil your pasta according to packet instructions until cooked.
- Mix the pasta, sliced leek, sliced hotdog sausages, sweetcorn and grated cheese in an oven proof casserole dish.
- Mix the creme fraiche with the egg and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the creme fraiche mixture evenly over the pasta and let it seep in.
- Lay the sliced tomatoes on top.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.