1 August 2012
This meal is a forgotten family favourite I hadn’t made in a while. As unappealing as it is to stand over a hot stove in the height of summer, the oranges in this do give it a nice and refreshing taste.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- vegetable oil
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 400g diced chicken breast
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes (ca. 400g)
- 200ml orange juice
- 1 large orange
- two dozen black pitted olives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 1 handful chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Fry the garlic in the oil for a couple of minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned all over.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and the orange juice and leave to cook on a low heat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Peel the orange, removing all the white pith, divide into segments and then chop into pieces.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, stir in the orange pieces, olives and parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve on a bed of rice.