15 June 2012
It’s the boy’s summer party at nursery today. I almost completely forgot that we’d put our name down for bringing some muffins, but then I threw together these super simple banana muffins last night:
(makes 12 regular muffins with muffin tops, or 18 medium sized muffins for little people)
- 2 1/2 cups (gluten free) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar (e.g. Dr Oetker Vanillin) or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3 small mashed bananas
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in one ball.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Line your muffin tray(s) with paper cups. Fill about 2/3 of the way for regular muffins or half full for toddler sized muffins.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden brown on top.
As these as for toddlers, I’ve left them plain, but if you wanted you could glaze them with some simple icing made from icing sugar with a few drops of water. In fact, I may still icing to some of them for the mums ;-)