20 June 2012
Looking for a quick and easy way to make spaghetti carbonara? Why not cheat a little ;-)
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 50g bacon bits
- 100g mushrooms
- 200ml cream
- 30g finely grated parmesan
- salt & pepper
Plus enough spaghetti for two people (we usually go with 200g), and I use gluten free spaghetti.
- Put the spaghetti on to boil.
- Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan with a crushed clove of garlic on medium heat.
- Throw in the bacon bits until they begin to crisp. You can also used a couple of slices of chopped up ham instead.
- Chop up the mushrooms into fairly small chunks and fry them for a couple of minutes until they start to cook down (i.e. shrink^^).
- Stir in the cream and heat through.
- Stir in the grated parmesan until it dissolves. Add more parmesan to taste if you like it really cheesy.
- Season with salt and pepper.