4 April 2012
A really quick midweek meal, and a long-time favourite in our family, are pitta pizzas. They’re so easy, you can even whip then up while you’re on holiday^^
- Gluten free pitta breads
- Tomato purée
- Dried oregano
- Salt & pepper
- Topping of your choice
- Grated cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C (180 C for a fan oven)
- Spread each pitta bread (we used gluten free ones), with a generous squirt of tomato purée. I’ve found the back of a tablespoon the easiest way to spread it.
- Sprinkle with oregano, then season with salt & pepper.
- Add your favourite toppings. We used combinations of ham & pineapple (my favourite) and red onion(which I can’t eat but everyone else was really in to).
- Sprinkle cheese on top. We used mozzarella, and I was really lazy and bought pre-grated cheese (I took the photo before adding the cheese).
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.