25 March 2012
The weather has been absolutely gorgeous all weekend, and the husband had a vision of us sitting on our balcony this afternoon sipping chilled rosé. After raiding our store cupboard staples, I decided to whip up some quick and simple almond balls (as a bonus they’re gluten free by nature, no substituting required). They’re sweet but light, the perfect partner to a glass of refreshing wine. Here’s to Spring – cheers!
- 100g ground almonds
- 40g sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 large egg white
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Mix together the almonds, sugar and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whip the egg white until stiff.
- Fold in the dry ingredients with a fork until you have a dough like mass.
- Roll your mass into little balls (makes about 10).
- Lay the balls on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool, then dust with some icing sugar.
- Enjoy with a glass of chilled rosé ;-)
Recipe adapted from ‘Living & More’ magazine, Issue April 2012. This week’s Sunday Sweet is hosted by Katrin from lingonsmak and all the Sunday Sweet posts get collected on Pinterest.