Here’s a quick and easy Sunday Sweet to make, which we enjoyed this afternoon. It’s surprisingly healthy too, as it’s made with lots of fruit and the batter is mostly yoghurt, sweetened with maple syrup instead of sugar.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil for greasing your dish
- 250g natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons gluten free maize flour
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 apples (300g), cut into thick slices
- 160g blueberries
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160° for a fan oven, gas mark 3).
- Grease an ovenproof dish that holds at least 500ml with the oil.
- Mix together the yoghurt, maple syrup and eggs with an electric hand mixer until starting to foam.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt and stir into the egg mixture.
- Put the apples and blueberries into the dish and pour the mixture over them.
- Back in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle icing sugar over the top before serving.
This week’s Sunday Sweet is hosted by Nina from Fräulein Text, and all the Sunday Sweet posts get collected on Pinterest.