Blueberry & Pear Muffins

With the days getting darker and colder, I just can’t help myself baking some nice, comforting treats. Like these blueberry and pear muffins. They never last very long, the boys just gobble them up!

IMG_0901

Ingredients (makes 12)

• 200g gluten free self-raising flour, e.g. Dove’s Farm or Sainsbury’s
  • 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
  • 2 Tbsp shredded psyllium husks
  • 80g ground almonds
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 100ml Greek yoghurt
  • 100g almond butter
  • 1 banana, mushed
  • 2 Tbsp maple sirup
  • 1-2 Tbsp milk
  • 80g blueberries
  • 80g pear, peeled, cored and chopped as small as you can
  • 2 Tbsp gluten free oats (optional)

IMG_1700

Directions

• Pre-heat your oven to 180 C.
  • Sift the flour in to a large bowl, then mix in the baking powder, psyllium husks and ground almonds.
  • In another bowl, mix together the eggs, Greek yoghurt, almond butter, banana and maple sirup.
  • Stir the wet ingredients in to the dry ingredients until just mixed. Don’t over-mix, or the muffins will become too dense. If the mixture seems too dry (depends a bit on the size of your eggs), stir in 1 to 2 Tbsp of milk.
  • Fold the blueberries and pear pieces in to the mixture.
  • Line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases and distribute the mixture evenly among them. Sprinkle the tops with some oats, if you like.
  • Bake in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes, until starting to go golden brown (depends on your oven, old old one could do it in 20, our new one needed closer to 30).
  • Leave to cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes before removing them, then leave on a cooling rack to cool completely.
  • Enjoy!

9 Comments on Blueberry & Pear Muffins

1. Emma
    November 8, 2017 at 10:32 am (2 weeks ago)

These look delicious. What a wonderful combination of flavours as well. I’ll have to give this a go at the weekend.

2. Helen
    November 8, 2017 at 1:14 pm (2 weeks ago)

Oo these look really wholesome, in fact I’ve just had some pears delivered so must give them a go :)

3. Newcastle Family Life
    November 8, 2017 at 8:35 pm (2 weeks ago)

They sound lovely, I rarely bake but I really should do more often x

4. Zena's Suitcase
    November 8, 2017 at 9:12 pm (2 weeks ago)

These sound like a lovely healthy breakfast treat for this time of year. They would make a nice change I think

November 9, 2017 at 6:02 am (2 weeks ago)

Wow, I would gladly add this to my listed to bake goodies. I hope my landlord will replace my broken oven so I can start to bake again. Excited to try this on my own.

6. Cath - BattleMum
    November 9, 2017 at 9:52 am (2 weeks ago)

These sound amazing. I would never have thought of putting blueberry and pear together. These wouldn’t last long in my house either!

7. Fashion and Style Police
    November 9, 2017 at 4:56 pm (2 weeks ago)

These look so tasty. You just reminded me of some cake I got yesterday. Going to snack on that now.

8. Mudpie Fridays
    November 9, 2017 at 8:10 pm (2 weeks ago)

I love pears but for some reason we always seem to let them go a bit over, so this would be perfect for those ones! Yummy thanks for sharing x

9. Heidi Brown
    November 10, 2017 at 9:10 pm (2 weeks ago)

These look like something my little boy would enjoy to make, plus I think he would love the flavours as well, going to come back to these!