Cheers to Hugo!

Today’s post is one for the parents – with summer well and truly on our doorstep, it’s time to talk about summer cocktails. In the UK, we were quite partial to a glass of Pimm’s. But since moving to Berlin, we have been introduced to Hugo, which everyone here seems to love as a summer cocktail of choice, and last weekend we finally made some ourselves.

Hugo Cocktail Recipe 01

Ingredients (makes 2)

• 4 fresh mint leaves
  • a handful of ice cubes
  • 1 lime
  • 40ml elderflower cordial
  • 200ml Prosecco
  • 100ml soda water

Hugo Cocktail Recipe 02

Directions

• Rub the mint leaves around the insides of two wine glasses.
  • Add a couple of ice cubes in to each glass.
  • Wash the lime thoroughly under cold water, cut in to wedges, and divide between the glasses, squeezing the wedges out over the ice cube before dropping them in.
  • Add the cordial, Prosecco and finally the soda water.

Cheers! You can also find the recipes for some other summer cocktails we created a while back, in my previous post: Sommer Spree, Berlini & Kreuzberg Queen. What’s your favourite summer cocktail?

10 Comments on Cheers to Hugo!

1. Lyndsey O'Halloran
    June 16, 2017 at 6:19 am (1 month ago)

This sounds lovely, and really refreshing for summer.

2. Talya
    June 16, 2017 at 2:35 pm (1 month ago)

I’ve never heard of Hugo but I’m loving the sound of him a lot…the perfect summer cocktail!

3. Lisa @ NatureImmerse
    June 17, 2017 at 3:05 am (1 month ago)

To me, it is watermelon-tequila cocktail. When watermelon is in abundance, this is a great way to use it. Bobby Flay purees seedless watermelon chunks, then strains the juice through a sieve and mixes it with silver tequila, sugar syrup, blueberries, mint and fresh lime juice.

4. Emma
    June 17, 2017 at 8:48 am (1 month ago)

This looks like a perfect drink for a summer get together.

5. Kerry Norris
    June 17, 2017 at 2:27 pm (1 month ago)

This sounds right up my street. I love elderflower cordial x

6. Kat | Kitty & B
    June 17, 2017 at 5:02 pm (1 month ago)

I’ve never heard of Hugo, but this cocktail has all the ingredients I love! You could possibly use sekt, too?

Kat x

7. Musings of a tired mummy...zzz...
    June 17, 2017 at 7:30 pm (1 month ago)

Ooh it has prosecco in! I have never actually tried Pimms: we had a bottle but Zach smashed it :( Hugo looks great!

8. Paula Haunit
    June 23, 2017 at 8:06 am (4 weeks ago)

Gorgeous! In my opinion though, NOTHING beats a glass of wonderful Pimms. I just moved away from the UK after more than 10 years and I miss it!

9. Paula
    June 23, 2017 at 8:08 am (4 weeks ago)

I’ve had an elderflower and prosseco cocktail before but I didn’t know he was called Hugo! I’ll rootle in the garden for some mint and have one of these tonight I think!